Thursday, April 27, 2017

Yet Another "Ni Hao (Hello)"

Hello, everyone. I am Junwei Wang from China. It’s pleasant to be an ECRYPT-NET fellow and to receive funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA).

I received my bachelor degree and master degree from Shandong University in 2012 and the University of Luxembourg in 2015, respectively. My master thesis is about the practical implementation of countermeasures resistant again high-order differential power analysis (DPA). Presently, I am doing my Ph.D. student at CryptoExperts under the supervisor of Jean-Sébastien CORON, Sihem MESNAGER, Pascal PAILLIER, and Matthieu RIVAIN.  My research interest is white-box cryptography.

The advent of content-protected applications and mobile payment systems in recent years motivates the exploration of a solution to protect sensitive information from being extracted under the white-box context in which the attacker has the power of control the whole process of the execution of software. Though some theoretical evidence reveals the fact that no generic obfuscator can be constructed to shield algorithms to be attacked, and all existed practical schemes has been broken, it is still interesting to investigate new schemes which can withstand all the existing attacks, and to propose and analyse a new attacking method which is more generic than the existing ones. I hope somebody has similar interest with me, then we can deeply explore this area together.

By the way, I am looking forward to meeting with you in Paris during EUROCRYPT.

No comments:

Post a Comment